Thursday, July 8, 2010

We Made It!


Well we made it to California! The apartment was clean when I got here! Luke did an awesome job cleaning, but it did smell like a dude. :) So with a few plug in's that problem was solved. Since it is such a small place we are still figuring out how to best organize the space for the 2 of us! Luckily we make a great team so it is all coming right along! We are living in Pasadena and I am loving the area that surrounds our house. There is so much SO close. I have ventured out a few times along just to get my barrings. Those of you who know me know that I am super independent so it has been killing me that I can't just hop in the car and go. For a few days I didn't have a key to the apartment or the internet password either and things like that were making me feel so lost. HA! I know that sounds crazy but I just love being able to go and do as I want or need! Anyway, we are here and thank you for your prayers while we were on the road.

Here are some pictures from our trip! They may not be in order of our stops but I will do my best to give details as to what is going on!

On SEVERAL occasions the road was so flat and straight that we could actually see miles ahead of us. BORING! We would just laugh... we didn't know what else to do!
On our way into Las Vegas we drove over the Hoover Dam! It took quite a while but it was totally worth it!
Luke with the Dam! He had jokes!
Arizona!!!
This was the biggest and brightest rainbow we had ever seen. We saw it headed into New Mexico!! The picture does not do it justice but it was amazing!
Apparently New Mexico is the land of enchantment! Who knew?
Vegas at night!!
Grand Canyon! We went on an amazing helicopter tour od the Grand Canyon, Lake Mead, and the Hoover Dam! Such an experience being surrounded by the HUGENESS of this beautiful part of nature!
Smiling for a picture at the bottom of the Grand Canyon while feeling very queezy from the flight! I have never felt so sick from motion.... but it was worth it. However, next time I fly in a helicopter I will take some meds!
This is clearly before the sickness set in.
Gondola ride through the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas! Our driver (would that be Gondo-leer?) was so funny! He said he was Figaro from Florence, Italy but we are pretty sure he was more like Tim from Texas! When he started singing opera to us... well, I lost it... died laughing! I asked it I could request a song and we agreed that it would be nice for him to sing Beyonce's Single Ladies! Pretty much one of the funniest things ever... a guy with a fake Italian accent singing Single Ladies! Just priceless.

The trip was great. Pictures of the new home to come!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOOHHHH, I am feeling so guilty about telling you the experience we had of flying over the Grand Canyon. So sorry you felt gaggy. The first time we took a helicoptor ride was in the rain forrests of Maui and I couldn't enjoy it for looking at Dan to see if he was using the barf bag...Please forgive the "weenie comment."
:)
Karen

Post a Comment