Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving in LA

This Thanksgiving was a little different for us, but left us stunned and in awe of the community we have here at Mosaic. A friend from Mosaic owns an amazing house and he opened it up to the us and about 40 or so other people who were in LA for the holiday! People started arriving at 9am to prepare the meal together as family. The tables in the picture below were set by the hands of people that we get to serve with at the Mayan. I thought they looked pretty amazing. At 6:30 pm on November 25th these tables were filled with wonderful people who care for each other. The room was filled with the smell of yummy food, laughter, sharing of stories, and love that I cannot explain.


#1 thing I had to add to my list of "Thanks" this year. My marriage to this man. The past 6 months have been a challenge to say the least, but Luke has been solid. In my moments of panic, confusion, joy, frustration, excitement, fear, and discovery he has been there in a very real and intentional way. I can not imagine being anywhere else, with anyone else.

We both have great memories growing up of holidays spent with family. This year we didn't get to go home to GA, but we were so excited to make new memories here with our LA family. We both miss our families in an intense way, but we also have this unexplainable peace about where we are in this journey. So since this place feels so right, the holiday was not spent missing what once was and looking backward. This year we were able to be grateful for our families who believe in us and support our dreams while creating new memories and looking forward. Doing this with the people we are serving and dreaming with in LA is something we are beyond thankful for.

Love from the West Coast,

Jess

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica it is so good to hear that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I enjoy reading your blogs when I catch your post on Facebook. I hope everything continues to go well.

Lauren Parrish

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I too enjoy your blog. I'm so thankful that Laura has the two of you near her. It's great to have someone from home on the west coast. You are both very special to her and I hope that you have the most wonderful Christmas and the Happiest New Year ever!!! God was so good when he put the two of you in her path again!
Cheryl Varney

Post a Comment