Tuesday, February 16, 2010

California Dreaming!!!

Well I made it out to CA on Friday! God is so faithful. Even though it started snowing in Atlanta on Friday afternoon He got me to LA safe and sound! It was a super long day spent in the Atlanta airport... but was totally worth it to spend time with Luke in our future home state! I had a great trip... so great that I was not ready to leave! I was very relieved to find that I LOVE California.


When people ask "What was your LEAST favorite part?" I would respond with two things... #1 It is super expensive (and you know what a penny pincher I can be) #2 The roads are ridiculous!!! I sat with my eyes covered for most of the ride after he picked me up from the airport! Luke did a great job driving, but I was a mess.
Then when asked "What was your FAVORITE part?" I would respond with #1 Being with Luke and starting this adventure #2 The people at Mosaic #3 The weather #4 EVERYTHING!


Some cool stuff happened during my time there... I got to meet a ton of great people and see what Luke has been raving about for the past 2 months, I got to experience the service at the Mayan which was really cool, we had fun exploring and spending time together in a new place, and here is the big one.... WE FOUND A PLACE TO LIVE!!! This is such an answered prayer and all I can say is that God is providing! We did not expect to find something so soon and we really did not think that we would find such nice people to rent from. The family goes to the church and is really helping us out! It is just blowing my mind how letting go of the details can be so freeing. We had been praying about this place and it almost seems to good to be true! But when talking about our Creator I do not know why I am surprised that it is too good to be true! I am learning so much from this experience and know that I have much more to learn. I am humbled by the events that have taken place to confirm the path we are choosing to follow. Not a path that has
been forced upon us or that we feel obligated to travel, but a path that our Father has
enthusiastically invited us to journey with Him. As His follwers we have whole
heartily accepted the invitation and are ready for an amazing ride!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Luke and Jessica, I am so glad you found a place to live! God is so great to provide for us! How wonderful it is that you are trusting Him with all things! There is no other way to live, but to trust Him fully for everything!

Love you both,

Robin

P.S. I love the new pictures, too! Such a cute couple!

Unknown said...

That last picture... my face is terrible. I am becoming more like my dad... a terrible picture taker.

Sarah Beth said...

I am so happy for you both and so excited what God is going to do through you both. I am pumped to hear all about Cali once y'all are there together. Love you both!

Post a Comment