Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Strength Finder

Luke took the Strength Finder 2.0 when he started serving with Mosaic. He has been encouraging me take it for weeks, so I finally got around to it over spring break! I must say that I am so glad that I did. The whole thing with Strength Finder is that we tend to focus m ore on the weaknesses that we have than capitalizing on our strengths. I am surely guilty of this! After you complete the strength finder survey it gives you a list of your top 5 strengths. They will not even tell you your bottom 5. Which is a good thing considering I know that I would be too interested in what I am not good at instead of excited about the strengths that I have. I was shocked to find out that my top 5 were dead on. I was a little skeptical and did not know how accurate it would be but boy was it correct!! I was not shocked however to fin out that my top 5 and Luke's top 5 were completely opposite. I know this is one reason we work so well together.

Soooo here are our results...

Jessica
1. Restorative: Love to solve problems. Enjoy the challenge of analyzing to find a problem and then find a solution. Enjoy bringing things back to life and are energized by solving problems for self or others, but may feel defeated when a problem goes unsolved.
2. Responsibility: Whether large or small you feel emotionally bound to follow through with anything you have committed to. Excuses and rationalizations are unacceptable. Near obsession for doing things right. Dependable. Willingness to volunteer may cause you to take on too much.
3. Consistency: Balance is important. Aware of the need to treat people the same. Believe that people function best when rules are clearly established and are applied equally. Believe all people should have a chance to show their worth.
4. Harmony: Look for areas of agreement. Try to find common ground with the people who surround you. Try to steer people away from confrontation. Do not think others should impose their views on others.
5. Achiever: Have a constant need for achievement. Must achieve something each day to feel good about yourself. Can work long hours without giving out.

Luke
1. Adaptability: Live in the moment. Discover the future one choice at a time. Very flexible. Can stay productive when demands are pulling you in different directions at once. You don't resent unforeseen detours, you expect them and on some level look forward to them.
2. Woo: Win others over. Enjoy meeting others and getting them to like you. Drawn to building relationships with strangers. Rarely at a loss for words. In your world there are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet.
3. Communication: You like to explain. Like to speak in public. Like to make ideas exciting, vivid, and bring them to life. People enjoy listening to you.
4. Significance: Want to be heard. Want to stand out. Will push others to succeed. Want work to be a way of life and not just a job. You want freedom to do things your way at work. Want to move away form mediocre to exceptional.
5. Activator: You make a decision, you take action, you look at the result, and you learn. Impatient for action. Once you have made a decision you cannot not act. You believe that only action can make things happen.


See how different! I'm sure you are not shocked. We were not shocked either. I am convinced that God totally knew what He was doing when he placed us together and allowed us to grow together and start this journey. We are ready to use these strengths to serve others and make each other stronger!




No comments:

Post a Comment